Information Security is very important from day to day life to protect your Information online. Leaning how to protect yourself online can benefit you in many ways by keeping your identity form being stolen or your bank account being compromised. Everyday people are led into scams to take information to use it for their own cause. Also learning InfoSec is easy to get into. There are many websites and articles to read on to learn about attacks and what to do in a situation. Also learning about privy on social media can help with noticing scams that hackers use on victims. So, it’s best for someone to take the time and learn about the importance of information security.
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional essay writing service is here to help!Essay Writing Service
At the current technology era, information is a critical asset and should thus be protected at all costs. Information security refers to preventing unauthorized access to data in a manner that ensures its confidentiality and integrity (Awad, n.d). It is important to protect information against threats that come in various forms, including theft, information extortion, identity theft, sabotage, among others (Introduction to Information, n.d). All these necessitate the need for information security in an organization not only for the customers but also for the employees and other stakeholders.
Data breach in an organization leads to a bad reputation. Consumers want their information to be respected, and they will break ties with companies that do not protect their interests; additionally, the lack of competitive information security could lead a firm to serious legal battles and huge fines. The current digital era requires that customer’s information be kept private (Nieles, Dempsey, & Pillitteri, 2017). For instance, confidential information stored in the hospitals should be protected against malicious attacks from divulging the content to the public.
Secondly, the lack of information security could leak new product lines to competitors. It is critical for a firm to protect its internal information as it could result in the loss of intellectual property and the competition launching a firm’s product or eve preparing a better product (Awad, n.d). Similarly, the governments, corporations, military, financial institutions, among other sensitive fields, should employ additional security as any loss of information may fall in the wrong hands. Lastly, information security is vital towards preventing phishing of information and identity theft. Hackers are known to phish information and create multiple identities using the data. It is thus critical for firms to actively engage in practices that protect their data from being vulnerable (Nieles, Dempsey, & Pillitteri, 2017). Firms should thus incorporate sophisticated methods of data protection where its safety cannot be compromised, and neither can it be accessed nor tampered with.
- Awad, A. I. (n.d). Introduction to information securityfoundations and applications. Retrieved from Research gate: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325170901_Introduction_to_information_security_foundations_and_applications
- Bartsch, M. (2018). Control you facebook. An analysis of online privacy literacy.
- DeGroot, J. M. (2017). Confidentiality breaches and boundary turblence on Facebook.
- Introduction to Information. (n.d). Retrieved from Cengage Learning: https://www.cengage.com/resource_uploads/downloads/1111138214_259146.pdf
- Kwok, C. (2018). Revisiting the privacy Paradox on Socail Media. An Analysis of Privacy Practices Associated with Facebook . Retrieved from An Analysis of Privacy Practices Associted with facebook .
- Nieles, M., Dempsey, K., & Pillitteri, V. Y. (2017, June). An introduction to information security. Retrieved from NVLPubs: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-12r1.pdf
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: